Monday 14 March 2011

Sore feet!


Sunday 13th March 2011 was a bit of a trip down memory lane for me. A few years ago (I will not say how many!) my Dad would take my brother and I for a Sunday drive to one of his favourite watering holes. Marlingford Bell was a typical country pub, chickens in the garden and a good acre or so to explore and exert our excess energies. I was hoping that excess energy would be abundant on Sunday as I passed the pub,because a couple of thousand runners and I would be passing the Bell for this years City of Norwich Half Marathon. 
To make it even more special on my second passing of the pub I spotted Pete with his lovely girls Katie, Phoebe and of course Ruby (Fred) sat at the side of the road, signs held aloft encouraging me to Go Go Go! Ruby gave me the biggest hug, I will never forget it!  It made the last couple of miles a whole lot easier to run, with a grin on my face from ear to ear!
The weather seems to have improved a bit, I rode to work today without the need of my jacket, (Pete knows I hate riding in that damn thing!!!), looking forward now to sunny days and long rides together. The present Mrs.Nicholas picked up her new steed today, a Marin Larkspur, apparently the colour was 'nice'! Hopefully it will serve her well in June when she rides from London to Brighton!

Ride safe,

Shaun.

No comments:

Post a Comment