Tuesday 22 February 2011

He's bloomin mad I tell you!

The outside temperature was just about zero degrees last night, whilst I was in my garage I heard the sound of a cycle being pushed in the driveway next door. I thought 'surely not, not tonight', but Pete was readying himself for a 30 mile icy blast. As much as I love cycling, and I have been out in all weathers this winter, the lure of a warm sofa and a nice cuppa was too much for me! All I can say is Chapeau mate, total dedication!


The donations have been going so well that we have raised the original target from £1000 to £2000 now. Everyone has been so generous and kind. THANK YOU ALL!!

On Saturday Pete and I went into Cycles UK in Norwich on 'the scrounge' for a bit of sponsorship. Rob came up trumps with the promise of some team jerseys, free chain lube and some sound advice for the journey. I have been using the shop for 3 years or so now and the guys in the shop are always very helpful and very enthusiastic about cycling, whether you are buying a new bike or just popping in for a chat, I can personally recommend them.

Ruby and Phoebe have both been poorly with chicken pox over the last week or so, something I can recall from my 2 lads days as youngsters, but by all accounts the girls are on the mend and are getting back to their cheeky selves again!
The mercury is supposed to be rising towards the end of the week, thank god, hopefully within my few days off work I am going to get a few miles in on the bike. Lets hope we can all get out and about and enjoy the rest of half term!

Shaun .

No comments:

Post a Comment