Tuesday 5 July 2011

And in my bag I packed...........


Pete and I have been trying to 'organize' ourselves for the trip. We are both taking rucksacks, problem is what do we take with us? I have been packing and unpacking my bag with various bits and pieces, the usual toothpaste and deodorant comination will of course prevail, but as far as clothing goes I cannot get my luggage down to a reasonable size.!
I will be making another trip to Cycles UK later this week and the more I think about things the bigger the list is getting, the list of 'spares' seems to increase the closer the departure date gets!! Maybe just one more spare tube, or another pack of gels? I haven't even considered how much underwear to take (maybe I can get away with turning certain items inside out?)
All in all I am sure Pete and I are going to have a great experience along the way, we have been avidly watching the Tour De France. It's strange to think in a few days time we will be in France watching the great race ourselves, hopefully we will have managed to do some laundry along the way !!

Ride safe,
Shaun.

2 comments:

  1. My packing tip would be to pack items inside of others e.g. cram as much as you can into shoes, making use of every inch of space.

    Oh and buy 'what if' items along the way... 'if' you need them.

    Happy Travels :-)

    ReplyDelete